We would love to have you as a part of our family in any way you feel comfortable. Here are a few ways to get involved in our church family:
Involvement in our Church Ministries allows us to use our unique gifts to serve Christ, both within our church family and beyond its walls. You are invited to commit to serving on the Ministry or to help out by volunteering to do more specific tasks (as mentioned in the parenthesis):
- Worship Ministry – its purpose is to provide a variety of opportunities for meaningful worship to occur. While the Holy Spirit provides meaning, the Worship Ministry plans, prepares, and organizes so that worship happens to the glory of God (scripture reader, prayer leader, musician, idea person)
- Outreach Ministry – its purpose is to share God’s Word by promoting fellowship and service among our church groups, the larger church family, and the community (adopt an angel, mitten tree, community clean sweep, food baskets and school supplies for students and families in need)
- Stephen Ministry – Stephen Ministry is the one-to-one lay caring ministry that takes place in congregations that use the Stephen Series system. Stephen Ministry congregations equip and empower lay caregivers—called Stephen Ministers—to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting.
- Education Ministry – its purpose is to provide relevant resources and opportunities for Bible-based study for all age groups (Sunday School teacher or helper, Bible study leader)
- Finance Ministry – oversees the FRC finances, striving to be faithful to God’s will for their use (missionary info, benevolences, stewardship ideas)
- Building & Property Ministry – oversees and maintains church building and property as faithful stewards to the glory of God (volunteer on work days or for small projects that arise)
- Hospitality Ministry – to create a welcoming environment for fellowship to happen (help with coffee hour and potluck set-up/clean-up, help with funeral receptions, bake/cook, make phone calls)
Or consider helping in any of these other ways that FRC reaches out to the community:
- Haven of Hope Ecumenical Food Pantry – volunteers needed on Wednesdays 5-6 pm and Thursdays 12-2 pm. This Fonda-Fultonville area Food Pantry is located on 10 W. Main St. in Fonda, NY. Hours are Wednesday evenings from 5-6 pm and Thursdays from 12 -2. Check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/havenofhopefoodpantry
- Women’s Jail Ministry – at Montgomery County Jail on Sunday afternoons
- Men’s Ecumenical Fellowship – meets every other Thursday morning at 9 am at the Fultonville McDonald’s
Call the church office at 518-853-3621 for more info.